Tuesday, May 25, 2010

HAPPY 51st POST, A BOY AND HIS BLOG!!

In the haste of my Daigo Umehara fanboy-loving I completely missed the fact that it was my fiftieth post. Partner in crime Selina then told me it was, so not to miss out on the fanfare, I shall celebrate 51 posts in A Boy and His Blog: Adventures into Blogolonia.

So why make a blog? Well blogs are cheap and efficient. As a wise man said:

"Talk is cheap, and everyone wants to be heard."

Actually they cost nothing, and it's a good area to post up opinions about issues and stuff, like gaming. I like gaming, and I like voicing my opinion, and blogs are cheap, and I like things for free, so it was the perfect match.

What was the first post in A boy and his blog? Well the very first post was just me introducing myself to the internet, it wasn't very interesting. But my 2nd post detailed my gaming life up until December 26th 2009, which I guess was a lot more interesting.

So what has happened in 51 posts in this blog? Well there's been numerous opinion posts on issues that have plagued the gaming industry, some reviews, some previews with Colin Firth (he's alright) and even the inclusion of a second member: Selina, who provides a second opinion to gaming in general. She also made me jealous when she got the Phoenix Wright Artbook.

And has anything changed in 51 posts in mine or Selina's gaming life?

Well since the inception of this blog, I've realised that the industry is full of surprises, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. I hyped God of War 3 like a motherfunker but failed to really grab me the way I thought it would (still a good game though). On the other hand, I played through The World Ends With You for the first time, and heard it was really good, but didn't think it would be THAT good! How good you ask? One of the best games I've ever played-good. I've also realised that I'm missing out on computer gaming, because my internets/computer sucks. Well that's not really a change more

And what about Selina? Well here's what she has to say:

Well yeahs i guess you could say that i sorta inched myself into arcade gaming, now that a lot of moolahs into it...got the ps3 which is like a new gen console addition for us. I've also had to give up my online gaming because of school commitments. And just the level of gaming design has changed i guess...like its 2010 nows...compare it back to 2000 and our era then yeahs a LOT!

So where to now? Well we continue of course! If we can do 51 blog posts, who says we can't do another 51? Or 101? A Boy and His Blog isn't going anywhere, we're loving it too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment