Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My heart be aching

I would like to draw your attention to this picture which I found on the facebook. Hahaha! Oh the hilarity! (if you find it funny that is...)



Which brings me to my short rant today. I love Silent Hill (not the town, the game) but in the past few years it's experienced a decline in quality. Not like the Sonic games thats for sure, but a decline nontheless. Having played Silent Hill 0rigins (which was ok, but it failed to grip me), then hearing of how 'meh' Silent Hill: Homecoming was, it kinda breaks my heart to see that a gaming franchise that was once so revered is now becoming yesterday's news. In fact, after buying a magazine today which said that the Silent Hill Franchise should be put to rest, along with sonic, pokemon and a whole lot of other stuff.

Where am I going with this? I honestly don't know, but in the future I'd like developers to have a little more respect to the games that they make, and not offload it to some other developer where it becomes an afterthought, rather than a first grade title. Who am I to speak? I'm one fan, but I'm sure a whole lot of other fans share the same sentiment. I miss Silent Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment