Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Top 10 games - #10

This was officially my first series of gaming related things. It was nice to gain feedback from the facebook community, but I figured that it would be suitable to post it here too! So here it is, my top ten games of all time!

10. Rock Band/ Guitar Hero series.



Coming in at number 10 are both Rhythm based games that have sucked so many hours out of my life, it might just come close to the amount of hours I've slept in my lifetime. However, I must mention that Konami were the first to produce a whole line of rhythm based games, with Guitar Freaks and DrumMania. Having said that, Guitar Hero/Rock Band appeals to me because both series use such a simple format that has worked for so many other games. Simple to learn, hard to master. Knowing that you have to press different coloured fret buttons on your guitar that correspond with the colours on the screen, simple enough. Now try putting that into practice, and I guarantee that you will be hooked for hours on end, trying to perfect 'Slow Ride' on expert. Another major selling point of both series is the song selection. I've always dreamt of singing 'Obstacle 1' successfully, playing 'Maps' on drums without fault or ripping a solo in 'Cliffs of Dover'. Unfortunately, in the real world, I suck at all three, so when both series give me a chance to do this (albeit in a virtual world) it's quite rewarding and why I think both RB/GH deserves a place in my top 10 list.

No comments:

Post a Comment