Friday, April 23, 2010

Number 9 on top ten games of all time

Taken from my top ten gaming column that I did last year on facebook, I've altered this one slightly as I realised every FIFA since FIFA 07 has been pretty amazing. Check it out!

9. FIFA Series (PS3, 360)




Soccer games, who doesn't love them? There's something about the FIFA seriesthough, that makes it special. Perhaps it's the way it reflects the 'beautiful' game almost perfectly, or maybe it's just the license that EA has that puts it above the rest of the competition. In any case, there is one thing I'm certain of that has made me continually purchase a FIFA every year for a very long time (and very reluctant to let anyone borrow it). That is, the countless epic matches I've been involved in. Example: Newcastle United (thats me) VS Chelsea in the F.A. Cup Final. Locked in an intense battle for supremacy, Chelsea gains the upper hand in the 86th minute with a goal from Lampard. Fearing the worst, I try my best to level the match, resulting in three consecutive corners in stoppage time. First and second corner attempt don't work out, but the third's a charm, with the ball being knocked around, until Barton comes from nowhere and blasts it past Cech and into the goal, leveling it at 1 all. And in the moment after Barton scores, I jump off my chair and punch the air in delight, so much emotion being released in a singular moment. After that, no one scores in extra time and the game is sent into penalties. With the confidence riding sky high, I manage to save one of Chelsea's attempts and on my attempt, send it into the top right corner, capping off a remarkable match. For a game to cause so much tension, excitement and successfully recreate the highs and lows of the real thing, it certainly deserves a place on my top 10 games.

No comments:

Post a Comment